OPENING DAYS AND TIME
- TUESDAY: 10am - 12pm and 1:30pm - 6pm.
- WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY, FRIDAY: 1:30pm - 6pm.
- SATURDAY: 10am - 12:30pm and 2pm - 5pm
- EXCEPTIONALLY CLOSED SATURDAY NOVEMBER 25 and SATURDAY DECEMBER 16, 2023
- CLOSED FROM SATURDAY DECEMBER 23rd, 2023 UNTIL MONDAY JANUARY 1st, 2024
- Closed on National Holidays, Sundays and Mondays
- Payment at the museum, by CASH ONLY (credit card no accepted)
- General admission: 6€
- Reduced price: 3€ (schools, students, unemployed, retired, disabled)
- Free for kids under 12.
- Payment by cash or French check only (sorry, NO CREDIT CARD ACCEPTED)
Please note: with a full fare ticket (6 euros) from one of the three Mineralogy collections in Paris ( "Treasures of the Earth" at the National Museum of Natural Historyat the Jardin des Plantes, the "Collection de minéraux" at the University of Pierre and Marie Curie, and the "Mineralogy Museum" at Mines Paris - PSL), you get a half-price ticket in the other 2 collections (3 euros). Keep your ticket, it does not have an expiration date!
- Tours for group of people already constituted
- Group size: between 10 and 25 people.
- Regular 1-hour tour: 70€ + 3€ per person.
- School or student tour: 50€
Reservation is required (at least) one month in advance. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information and reservation.
On Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at 3pm, during French holidays only.
20 people max per group. Families and individuals can register in advance (depending on remaining available spots). The guided tour lasts about 45 minutes and can be followed by a standard visit of the museum.
The guided tour focuses on the history of the museum and its collection and on the highlights of the collection (exceptional and useful minerals, Martian and Lunar meteorites, gems from the French Crown Jewels...).
Information and registering at: email@example.com mentioning the names and number of participating people. An email will be sent confirming your reservation (or mentioning if the tour is already full).
- Musée de Minéralogie, inside the Ecole des Mines de Paris
- By bus: 21, 27, 38, 84, 89 and RER B Luxembourg Station
Phone : +33 (0)1 40 51 91 39
On the first floor, there is a cafeteria where food, snacks, and drinks are available for purchase.
Our most recent publication: "Musée de Minéralogie de l'Ecole des Mines" is available for sale at the Museum, along with other books related to the museum, or its collection.
The Mineralogy Museum is located inside the School of Mines (Mines Paris - PSL). People at the reception desk will guide you to the entrance of the Museum. Here is the floor map where you can find the cafeteria and the entrance of the museum.
To help your visite while on site or to learn more about a few minerals in the collection, you may download this pdf document.
Any questions about the museum or the collection ? Contact us
Find all the information to come to the Mineralogy Museum here
Musée de Minéralogie
Mines Paris - PSL
60 boulevard Saint Michel
Closed on National Holidays, Sundays and Mondays
Find all our temporary exhibits and special events here